Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inspired Smoothie


(Yummy Bing cherries for today's smoothie!)

I have many inspirations for today's smoothie and here they are listed below:

1)
(Probably the best ice cream ever. Plus, you gotta love they named it after Jerry. B and J must love their jam bands, they have another flavor named after Phish. Cherry ice cream, cherries, and fudge pieces...it doesn't get better than this chocolate-cherry combo)

2)
(Who couldn't eat a whole jar of this stuff... hazelnuts and chocolate are certainly a match made in heaven. This was one of those foods that I always wanted my parents to buy when I was growing up. I was one of those deprived children when it came to junk food, as I am sure my future children will be. If your thinking Nutella is good for you because it is marketed as a health food, think again. First ingredient on the list is sugar...)

3)
(Theo got it right when they combined cherries and almonds in their luscious dark chocolate. Now were getting close...)

4)
(Dad and me at my wedding)

Probably the biggest inspiration for this smoothie is my dear old dad (we'll see if he's reading). He is the biggest chocolate-cherry combo fan I know. When I was a kid he used to request a chocolate-cherry cake for his birthday every year. Now on to the smoothie recipe...
(Hazelnuts AKA filberts went in today's concoction)

Sunday (George's) Smoothie

Handful of Bing cherries, pitted
1/2 frozen banana
2 tablespoons raw hazelnuts
2 tablespoons Vega chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup almond milk
4-5 ice cubes

(This smoothie was the most delicious one I have made all week. Here's to you Dad!)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! I have all these ingredients in my fridge right now ...except hazelnuts...but I have almonds which I can sub...I even have the Theo bar :)

    ReplyDelete