Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smoothie for Lunch

This morning I ran 5 miles at 6 am. When I got back to the house I was famished and really needed something more substantial than a smoothie. I decided on an omelet, which was really delicious. I decided it was okay to have a smoothie for lunch and so that is what I did. I bought this amazingly sweet heirloom melon and I knew I wanted to use that, but with what? Since I hadn’t done any green smoothies yet I decided on kale. The drink was very hydrating and refreshing! I also threw some mango in there, just cause.

(It aint easy being green...)


Saturday (Lunch) Smoothie

1 cup of chopped melon

½ mango

2 big leaves of curly kale, de-stemmed

4-5 ice cubes

¼ cup water

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Reminds me of this recipe I came across today. Might be refreshing for you down in TX: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/08/honeydew-cucumber-mint-popsicles.html

    ReplyDelete